Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our final days here...

Having only today and tomorrow left here in Moscow we thought we'd get out and about a bit today. After Maks's morning nap Jason ran to McDonalds again to get us some lunch. Maks had his first Happy Meal. He found a way to love fries, dip them in ketchup! We weren't giving him anything tomato because of the strawberry/raspberry reaction. We weren't sure if tomatoes would do the same. They don't seem to though. He loved his Happy Meal box and carried it all over the apartment today. And he of course loved the toy. Jason wants to go to McDonalds tomorrow and buy all of the Happy Meal toys we can for the plane! :)

We walked down Old Arbat street. Its closed off to traffic and has lots of souvenir shops and cafes. It would be a great street to walk down during the summer! When we got back to the apartment we played, had some dinner and then I called my Dad. While I was on the phone with him, Jason went into the bathroom with Maks. Maks has learned to LOVE the bathtub. Jason yelled to me when I was on the phone that Maks was in the bathroom undressing. :) The bathtub wasn't even running yet. He just knew it was about that time! When I went in there Maks was in fact undressing and then was standing at the edge of the tub bouncing up and down trying to get into the empty tub to play. So cute! Once he was in the tub and it was filled up he kept trying to drink the bath water. Yummy.

Tomorrow is our last day here. I think we're going to venture out again to do some last minute site seeing and plane ride preparation, AKA snack buying and toy buying!
I will be home in 54 hours. That is a FANTASTIC feeling! Maks will be an American in 54 hours! WAHOO!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie Hutchinson GearldsMarch 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM

    I'm so happy for all of you and so glad that Judy gave me your Blog to keep up with. I'm sure that when you all get home things will be just perfect and little Maks will be so happy, along with both of you. I'm sure both Grandma's will be so anxious to see and hold him...that's how us Grandma's are.....Here's to a good flight home also.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy/Jason.....Congratulations! He is gorgeous and so happy. Loved the video, made me want to cry. Worth the wait and the stress, We are all so happy for all three of you. Have a great trip home. Doug wants to know where's Maks Dolphin Jersey?

    ReplyDelete