Saturday, March 13, 2010

1 Week In



I know I haven't updated much. Yes Mom, I'm a little busy now. :) I know you love that. Maks is definitely a busy kid. He loves to get into absolutely everything. Anything and everything that opens, closes, makes noise, etc... Its been a busy first week home. We were able to meet Great Grandma Brockman and La. Maks loved Grandma's house. SO much stuff for him to get into. And most of it was glass. God bless Grandma, she just kept saying "Oh he'll be fine, just let him be, he can't hurt anything." I've only been home with Maks for one week but I can tell you that isn't necessarily true! We were able to play at Aunt Leslie's and Uncle Don's again. We went over to Erin's to meet Elise and Owen and use their toys for a while. Today we met the Easter Bunny and found some Easter eggs. So much going on! One thing I have learned in a short time, Maks is a lot more crabby if he is in the house all day. If we keep him at home playing he gets so restless. When he's out in the world he is much happier when we get him home.

For those of you wondering, no the poop hasn't slowed down at all. We finally have a Dr.'s appointment with the Pediatrician who specializes in International Adoptions this upcoming Wednesday. I'm looking forward to getting Maks on some vitamins, figuring out whats going on with his poor digestive system and finally getting some clear answers on his medical status.

A few other things we've learned about Maks this week...

1. He loves to drink the bath water.
2. He loves to lay in the bath tub on his tummy kicking his legs. I think he's going to be a swimmer!
3. He loves cooked carrots more than cookies!
4. He now knows who Mama and Dada are!
5. He is very stubborn (definitely my son)
6. When he stands still with his face down he is either pooping or getting ready to charge.
7. He's not a nice playmate yet. I think this has to do with now knowing some of these toys are his. He's never had anything be "his" before. So he's a little protective.
8. He loves his cousin Cole. Thank you Cole for entertaining him the other day, he went right to sleep that night and slept for 12 hours!! He gave Cole the first hug I've ever seen him give!
9. The ladies love him. Everywhere we go. The ladies love him.

Sleeping at night is getting easier. He is working into his routine. I think he knows bath time means bed time soon. I don't want to jinx us though! He's also feeling better. Not as much green goobley-gob coming out of his nose these days.

I have some great pictures to post. I'll try to get as many on here as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Well, he sounds like a normal little boy to me except for the "carrots and cookies". :) Thanks for the pictures, love them!
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete