Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lots of Fun

We've been up to lots of fun in the past few days. Thursday we went to the outlet mall with Grandma Shirlene. We got Maks a great little outfit for his first little get together tomorrow. Just a few people who are friends of Shirlene and Roger. He's going to look so cute in his sweater vest, button down shirt and boat shoes. I'm making him such a square. :) He really would look cute in anything.

Friday we went out to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's (Version 2.0). Mom & Dad have been out of town for the past week up at Mayo Clinic for Dad's muscle problems. Great news, Dad got some good answers, they think they know what's wrong and can help fix it! Maks loved playing with Ben (Mom & Dad's German Shepard). Mom and I would kick Ben's ball and when Ben ran after it, Maks ran after Ben. He was laughing and running all over the yard. Grandma & Grandpa Johnson (Version 1.0) got home from Florida this week so we were able to go over to the farm and introduce Maks to them too. My cousins Cory and Blair & Joe Webber stopped by to see him too. He was a little overwhelmed by all of the attention but loved running around with the Fisher Price "Mower" my Mom brought with. He ran right into the rotten beans and the mud. Lovely. Although every time his hands got even a little bit of dirt on them, he would hold them up to me to be wiped off. Those two things will not be able to go together forever. Running into mud/rotten beans and then needing your hands clean all of the time don't mix! He'll learn. We went to McDonalds with Grandma & Grandpa Johnson (Version 2.0) and Maks's cousin Rylan. Maks was his usual hungry self and Rylan was focused solely on playing with the happy meal toy. What a pair they make.

After Maks's nap back at home we met Erin, Elise & Owen (along with Erin's parents) downtown Naperville at the RiverWalk. It was such a beautiful day and Maks loved running after all of the dogs yelling "Arf, Arf". He really has that one down. We hit Noodles & Company for an early dinner as Jim & Jason both had to work late. By the time we got home Maks was exhausted. He fell asleep at 7:45pm and slept until almost 8 this morning.

Jason had a home show all day today so Maks and I were once again flying solo. It was such a crappy day. It had dropped 30 degrees and was now snowing. What a departure from yesterday's 60+ degree day with sunshine!! I could not just sit at home with him all day alone. We headed to the mall to just walk around, found a cool pair of little guy sandals that made the trip worthwhile and then headed home for lunch & naptime. Maks is such a funny little boy. He is so smart, picks up on stuff so quickly and imitates things that I do all the time now. Today he had a paper towel in his hand and I picked him up. He started to wipe my mouth off just like I do when he eats and laugh hysterically. He's testing boundaries like nobody's business. There are only a handful of things he's not supposed to touch at our house. He loves to now walk up to those things, put one finger on them and then look at me out of the corner of his eye to see what I do. I guess Mom would call this karma. :)

Tonight Jason & I got to go on a date night. It was lovely. A grown up dinner that I didn't have to eat at warp speed to make sure I preempt Maks's inevitable tantrum. We went to Hugo's Frog Bar downtown Naperville while my sister and brother-in-law Luke and Andrea watched Maks. They had to give him a bath and put him to bed. Apparently he did very well. Was a little confused after bathtime as to why we weren't around and maybe a little scared, but Ang & Luke must have done a great job distracting him. We were only gone for a few hours, it was a much needed break for us and great to know that Maks did so well. Thanks to Luke & Ang!! :)

I'll try to post more pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Since we can not be there I want to see him in his boat shoes.

    ReplyDelete