Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have never seen this much poop!

I love Maks. I really do. And I am so glad that he is finally home with us. Every day he gets more comfortable with us and hopefully more attached to us. He will sit with me and look for Jason saying "Da-da, da-da" its so cute! He runs to me while I'm making dinner and hugs my leg trying to crawl up me for attention. My family thinks he's the cutest little guy they've ever seen. He's an outgoing, smiley, strong little man.

There is one little thing that is making me crazy. Poop! Lots and lots of poop! His stomach is really struggling with the transition of foods and taking antibiotics. We have tried every kind of diaper in the world looking for one that will hold everything in. We have yet to find one. We've tried Pampers, Huggies, overnight diapers, active children diapers, leak-proof diapers... nothing has worked yet. If anyone has suggestions, we would be thrilled! Maks is sensing our diaper changing frustration. Every time we go to change his diaper he freaks out. Its like wrestling an alligator in the mud while attempting to wrap him in a diaper that needs to be put on perfectly so it doesn't leak, while the alligator is crying.

Its a hurdle. We'll get through it. But its an interesting hurdle. :) God love you little man. I love you, but wow! :)

5 comments:

  1. Our son had a bunch of stool issues when we first brought him home. He probably needs to have some stool testing done for parasites, Giardia, H. Pylori, etc. to rule them all out. You shouldn't be having that much problem keeping it in the diaper. The kids frequently have GI stuff after being in orphanage. You will get through it. Adoption is the best! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for a post and pictures since the 7th and all I get is "poop". rofl Thanks for the good laugh this morning! Hopefully the series of antibiotics will be finished soon and that should help. Gotta love him - poop and all - he's a keeper!!!!
    Love, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    Stop talking about my grandson this way, he will be traumatized from these postings. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. He probably has a parasite called Giardia. Our daughter who came from the same baby house had it also. In fact, I've talked to several adoptive moms with kids from the same place, and they all had it--probably something in the water there. Some have horrible diarrhea with it, some just like Maks have big poops. It's easily treated with a course of special antibiotics. Our IA doctor automatically screened for it at our 1st visit. Good luck.
    Jody
    PS We actually found LUVS worked the best and were even about the cheapest (but ours is a girl!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that you are probably done with the poop situation now, but for the next time- The reason people get the runs when on antibiotics is because the antibiotic kills all the good bacteria in the intestins. Next time he's on antibiotics, have him eat Activia or go to the health food stor and get some acidophilus. If you get the powder, sprinkle it on yogurt or applesauce and give it to him on an empty stomach a couple hours after he's had the antibiotic. Try to give it to him a couple times a day. It works for my husband.

    ReplyDelete