Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To Maks

I'm sure one day you'll read this and think that your Mom was crazy. I'm also sure it won't be the first time you think your Mom is/was crazy. :) I was reading another Adoption Book (much better than the last one- called You Can Adopt) and one of the Moms said that she wrote letters to her son every week while she was waiting for him to come home. That's what this blog is for me. Our story for you. One day I hope you'll be able to read this and know what I was thinking, doing, feeling during the entire journey.

Its Christmas where you are in 2 days. It was Christmas for us 11 days ago. You got lots of presents and they are all waiting in your room for you. Your Grandmas are already spoiling you! And our first Christmas together is in 354 days. Because of the Russian Orthodox Christmas the government is currently shut down. They open back up in 6 long days. I'm wondering every day what you're doing. What did you eat for breakfast? What time did you take a nap? Who was the first person you saw when you opened your eyes? Did they give you a hug? Did you fall down today? Did you cry? Who wiped away your tears? Were you sleeping with your green blanket? Are they putting lotion on your little dry legs? Did you laugh a lot? Who are your friends? Did you get to play with them this afternoon? What did you play?

I want you to know that I am grateful for every single thing that has happened to me in the past year and a half. At the time, I was convinced that some of them were the worst days of my life or some of the worst information we could have ever received. But now I know they were all just bumps in our journey to you. I would gladly do every single one of those days over knowing that they were preparing me to be your Mommy. You truly are our miracle. We love you and will be there to get you as soon as humanly possible. One day when you read this blog just know how much we are missing you right now.

We will see you soon!

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment