Sunday, January 24, 2010

Passing Time

One of the caseworkers at Adoption Ark posted on the forum asking families what they did to wait out the dreaded time between referral and Trip 1 or (in my opinion) worse, Trip 1 and Trip 2. It was very sweet of her to do and a few families replied. Mostly their tips were to plan, organize, get rooms ready and most importantly (again, in my opinion) pray!

Well I've been doing that last one about 500 times a day. And I've been working on the other stuff too. God bless my sister Leslie and my friend Erin. They have both logged some hours with us at Buy Buy Baby helping us get ready for travel as 1st time parents with a new little guy! They've both also let us use their kids to try out strollers, booster seats and car seats. Poor Rylan had to sit in a few car seats while they were still on the shelves at Buy Buy Baby! He was a trooper that day! We've bought what seems like LOTS of stuff, but I think we're just hitting the tip of the iceberg! I went and bought stuff for the downstairs bathroom yesterday. **See picture** Its so much brighter now. I think I'm going with colors and ducks. I seem to love ducks lately.






Tonight I broke out all of the dishes that we bought for our trip (and home) and started washing them. I didn't think about cleaning out the cabinets to find more "Maks dishes" space. I've been organizing away! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love organizing! I've now organized my bathroom cabinets, our linen closet, our bedroom closet, Maks's bathroom, Maks's closet, the garage... it goes on and on. I'm running out of things to organize so I hope we get a call soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment