Saturday, October 10, 2009

Keeping ourselves busy

Letters in Kemerovo were supposed to have been signed on Thursday or Friday, surprise surprise, they weren't. We're still waiting to hear about the first families to travel.

In the meantime we are keeping ourselves busy by going through IVF for a second time with a gestational carrier. The first time did not work as we used a more experimental method called IVM. The worry is that the hormones from the IVF medications would send my brain into overdrive like it was when I was pregnant. Well so far, so good. My follicles are developed, my Estradiol is high but no migraines. We do our retrieval tomorrow morning downtown Chicago. The transfer will then be on Friday and we'll find out on the 24th if it worked or not. Keep your fingers crossed!

Some really great things happening around us lately so I'm optimistic! Two of my close friends just got married, congrats Atiya & Darius (check out their wedding march in New Orleans on YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQOEjVnM8Nw) and Sarah & Kevin! (see picture) My Best Friend from the age of 5 Cara just got engaged-who knew! Good job Brett! And my friends Katie & Scott just had their little girl last night, Leah. Can't wait to see her pictures! Baby #4 for the Beierwaltes's. WOW!

With all of this good mojo flowing out there right now, good things are destined to come our way! I know, I'm positive for once, can you believe it!?!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment