Sunday, October 4, 2009

Its October!

When we received the referral in June I thought for sure I would have met Maks by now. Alas, that was not to be. Alina emailed us on Friday and said that the referral letters should be signed around the 8th or 9th of October with the first families traveling 2 weeks after that. As I've said before I think we are #8, #9, or #10 in line so that would have us traveling at the end of November. We're currently working on our court documents in hopes that we can get back for Trip #2 as quickly as possible.

I also just learned that on Trip #2 there will be a mandatory waiting period (they don't waive the wait anymore) and we won't be able to have Maks stay with us during this time. Apparently we will be staying in a town a few hours away from the orphanage to be close to court. We will be allowed to visit the orphanage 2 times during the week for a $200 fee each time.

We are now considering leaving Russia during that 2 week period and traveling to nearby countries. I'm not a strong flyer so if I'm only a few hours away from Beijing why not go? I'm not sure how the Visa stuff works though in that case. I know we have a Visa to travel to Russia but I'm not sure what happens if you choose to leave and then come back without going back to the USA. Lots of questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment