Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bump in the Road

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Its been a rough past couple of days. The other night I started getting a sore throat. When we went to see Maks yesterday the rooms we were in were really hot. After being there for an hour, I felt incredibly sick. My throat is nearly swollen shut on one side and I'm achy everywhere. I'm hopeful that it will go away mostly by tomorrow. I rarely have sore throats for more than a few days. I hate to even ask, as I have already asked for so many prayers. But please pray that I'm better in time to get Maks. Which is now less than 24 hours away!

Jason and I both stayed at the hotel today instead of going to the orphanage. We didn't want to get Maks sick and we weren't sure if I was going to go to a Doctor or not. We called Natasha and she said that most of the people who are sick end up calling an ambulance and those people come prepared with mostly anything you would need. I don't think a sore throat and being achy calls for an ambulance.

We also got the sad news that my Mom & Dad are not in fact coming. Dad did something terrible to his back and has been in a lot of pain. Mom coming alone just didn't make sense. Dad could use her help (even if he thinks he can do it alone) and I didn't want her making this trip by herself. If we were in Moscow to meet her that would be one thing, but she would have to come all the way to Siberia alone. I'm really sad about that as we were really looking forward to them being here with us. One day we'll hopefully be able to get bring our whole family back so they can see where Maks is from.

So the BIG news of the day is that we have LESS THAN 24 HRS until our Gotcha Day! Thats what the day of the actual uniting of parents and child is called in many adoptions. Tomorrow morning the car will be here to pick us up at 10am. We'll make the hour long journey to Prokopyevsk, probably meet with Dr. Ludmilla a bit more to ask any final questions and then dress Maks up in his new little outfit and off we go! It will be a 3 hour car ride to Kemerovo. We'll be there until Sunday doing some paperwork for Maks's Russian Passport, etc and then head back to Moscow. We have a small hope that we'll be able to catch a flight home on Friday the 5th instead of Sunday the 7th. That would be such a blessing!

When we get back to Kemerovo, I'll try to get online and FINALLY post a picture of the cutest little boy you will ever see. :) Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and Mommy pep-talks. I appreciate it! I can't wait until we get to Moscow and I can call some of you without being charged $5/minute! I miss talking to my Mom & Dad, my sisters and my friends. I have so much to tell people about!

Keep those prayers coming. Keep your fingers crossed. I would SO love for tomorrow to be nothing but happiness and smiles, no illness. :) Talk to you all again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you lots and lots of prayers that you feel better and all goes as planned today. I'm so anxious for the three of you to get back home and start your new life together!
    Love, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy I hope you feel better soon. Can you gargle with salt water? That really helps a sore throat. Do you have tylenol or advil? Rest as much as possible before Maks arrives. It is not uncommon for some parents to get sick on their trips due to the stress of it all. It happened to me too. I actually almost fainted at the airport on the way home and needed a Dr. and a wheelchair to get on the plane..it was so embarrassing. But we made it! You will make it too! When you look back you will remember the good times more than the bad, kinda like childbirth:)You are in my prayers and Sandra too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete