Friday, November 13, 2009

Tomorrow!

I just finished packing. We went shopping tonight and got big black puffy coats. I think I can use one no matter what, but in Siberia it will be perfect. We are taking tons of stuff for the orphanage and for Maks. We are taking a truck, a bear (that has our voices recorded on it, thanks Aunt Leslie), his blanket (thanks Grandma Brockman!), fruit loops (we're going to bribe him to like us :)), goldfish crackers, and a disposable camera to leave at the orphanage for pictures of Maks in between trips 1 and 2 (thanks Adoption Ark Forum Moms!). I'm sure they're going to look at us like we're crazy people.

Dad is sending 2 John Deere tractors, one for the orphanage and one for Maks, although I'm' sure he'll share!

Tonight Jason and I went out to dinner and realized the next time we make this trip we will bringing him home with us. What a life changing moment and time. My friend Tenny said today there are so few moments in your life that are really earth-shattering and life-changing and how great it is that we are about to embark on one of them. He's right, its such a blessing! I can't wait to tell you all about it! Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you.... hoping your trip is going well so far! It's 9:20ish am here in Virginia. I'm guessing you must be in the Moscow airport waiting for your flight to Kemerovo now. When you get back I'd love to hear all the details of how you spent your day in Moscow. We're planning to use some of the business lounges and take a shower atleast....not sure what else there is to do in the airport during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful and have a great trip! Your life is about to change forever! It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendy and Jason,My name is Bonnie Hutchinson Gearlds and am a cousin to Roger. My dad and your Grandma (Helen) were brother and sister. I was talking with Judy last night and she told about you going to Russia and has sent me the link to this Blog. I certainly wish you both the best in your adoption of Maks....and am glad to follow your blog. I would love to also follow the photos on-line when they are available. Will keep you in my prayers for this wonderful phase of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am Bonnie Hutchinson Gearlds from Indianapolis. I am Roger's cousin. I talked to Judy last night and she told me you were in Russia and gave me the blog website. I'm very happy for both of you and I'm sure the trip will be a wonderful experience. I look forward to keeping up on everything.

    ReplyDelete