Thursday, November 12, 2009

1 1/2 days!

I'm posting today b/c I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow. We're only going for 5 days but you would think we'll be gone for months with the amount of anxiety I have about packing. Don't want to forget anything! I'm starting to get more nervous about the plane ride, but am headed to the Doctor tomorrow morning for the latest development in pharmacological courage. :)

Our Russian lesson went well. Vera was awesome, telling us all about the dos and don'ts of Russia. She is Russian and lived in Lithuania with her husband. Russian is NOT an easy language. I still have not mastered how to say "hello." I did learn how to say, I love you, My name is Wendy, Whats this, Bathroom, Water, Stop (its the same as stop), Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, and pancakes. :) I should be good. Vera even offered to have a play date with her 4 yr old son when we get back so Maks can keep up with his Russian! That would be awesome.

I don't think I have ever been more excited! No worries, I will post a play by play as soon as we get home!! Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and advice!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very excited for you! We're traveling on the 28th so I'll look forward to reading all about your trip right before we go. Best wishes for a safe and easy journey there and back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for both of you! You are an adorable couple and deserve the best of what life has to offer. I look forward to seeing pics of Maks. Give him a hug and kiss from me:)

    Linda Podas

    ReplyDelete