Thursday, March 19, 2009

Still Waiting...

It's been a little while since we posted, I wish I had more news... I'm updating this for my friend Katie whom I love for caring so much about our bumpy journey. :) We attended our training class last Saturday up in Buffalo Grove. It was the last step we had to take for our home study. It was great meeting other couples who are going through what we are. One of the couples had already traveled to Russia for their first trip to meet their son. We learned a lot from them about what to expect in the orphanage, when meeting our coordinator, how their son reacted to them, the gifts you're supposed to bring with you, the restaurants... Two of the couples are adopting from Ethiopa, one lady from Kyrgastan and one couple is undecided. We are waiting now for our homestudy to be written and signed off on by the agency director. I'm getting a little antsy as we really want to get our dossier over to Russia. We are blessed that its moving as quickly as it has been. Most home studies take between 3-4 months. We started ours in the middle of January, so we're doing pretty well! On a good note, Adoption Ark has started receiving invitations for families to travel again. I think 4 or 5 last week, so things are starting to move over there. That is good news for us! More news to come soon I hope!

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting too. I found the cutest thing for little baby Peterson today. I can't share because it is a suprise!!!! But you know that it wil be fab. Take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete