Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm not very good at this.

I'm getting crabby. Our home study was supposed to be done two weeks ago. We're still waiting for a copy to be sent. Until that comes, we can't send our paperwork for review to our caseworker. Until she reviews our paperwork we can't get it apostilled. Who has ever heard of an apostille? Until we get it apostilled we can't send it in for translation. I'm sure you get where I'm going with this. I know this is every day business for these people, but don't they understand I'm really anxious to at least get the papers to Russia? I guess not. We met a couple in our classroom training a few weeks ago. They just got their court date for Trip #2. They travel on April 5th to pick up their son. Its so nice to hear of other couples stories and how they are working out. The adoption forum that Adoption Ark set up is really helpful. It keeps me in touch with a lot of other people and has helped us already understand a little bit more every day of what to expect, what international doctor to use, what hotel to stay in, where to eat, russian phrases, the issues we'll face when we finally bring our child home... It's like your own support group. Well hopefully the next time I post our papers will at least be on their way to Adoption Ark! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Have Faith my little one! It will happen and all this junk will be put in a "memory Bank" somewhere! I can't wait- I've already bought his or her's first Christmas ornament!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience has never been a big word in the Johnson vocabulary. So, I guess that I will just say (again), you have to have faith, Wendy (and Jason). Before you know it, you will have your child in your arms. Everything will work out, Pooh, I promise. I pray every night for you guys. Eventually, God has to hear our prayers.:-) Love, Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasure this time while you wait you never know what the future will bring. We have friends who adopted and the next year went back for a boy/girl pair.
    It will happen for you too! Love, "Aunt Cara"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting sucks but it will make the momement you meet your baby even more special. It will come quicker than you think now. We can not even start a homestudy until our house is sold. Want to buy a house?? Kidding. It will happen soon. Alicia Welborn

    ReplyDelete