Friday, December 11, 2009

Waiting Until the New Year

One of the families traveling this month was kind enough to take our note and bottle of lotion to Maks. It makes me feel better that they will be there in his baby home. I wish they could see him and give him a hug for us. Or send me pictures so I could see if he's changed much in the past month.

The Russian court system is about to shut down for the year again. They won't open back up until January 15th or something like that. So the earliest we will travel is February. Maks will be almost 21 months by then. I'm so sad that I could miss that much time with him!

On another note, I accepted a new job. Its still with the same bank but I'll be working in a different line of business. It will still give me a good challenge, but provide more flexibility in my schedule. I was reading that parenting book again last night. (I think I should stop) and I got to the section that gives advice on working parents after an adoption. They basically said that you should do whatever it takes to have one parent stay home with the child for a year or two. She said, take out a 2nd mortgage, get a family loan, but try to stay home. Apparently day care is a bad thing (too similar to orphanage life), family care is a bad thing (bonding with someone other than you) and multiple care givers is a bad thing (obvious bonding issues). So Mom, you need to give me a loan. :) Just kidding.

All you can do is live your life and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy: what book are you reading?? I can not stop working, in my case is only me. I am actually looking at schools immediately because I think at least she will be playing with other kids and teachers and with an aupair only after school. My dossier finally left for Russia. I was missing a document .... long story will share it the weekend of the 19 if you guys are still up for doing something. I can do either, but would prefer Sunday brunch on the 20. Let me know if you can make it.

    I hope our wait is not much longer than February.

    Take care,

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete