Monday, April 20, 2009

The dossier is in the mail!

Our dossier was sent to Adoption Ark today! It should arrive tomorrow morning by 10:30am. I'm not sure exactly when our names go on the list. Our caseworker said as soon as it was on her desk. I hope that is true! Jason took the paperwork downtown to be apostilled on Friday. He was a little crabby because he had to work in St. Charles in the morning and the evening. He had to get downtown, get everything apostilled and get back out in 3 hours. After a bunch of grumbling everything was done. For those of you who are interested, an apostille is a piece of paper with a big golden seal that verifies the notary is actually a notary. They had to attach a piece of paper to each and every page that was notarized. At $2/paper it cost about $70 to get everything done.

Once that part is done you have to make 5 exact copies of the original dossier. If the page is in color, the copy needs to be in color. I started to do it myself but holy moly that takes a LONG time. After 2 copies I wised up and dropped the packet off at Office Max. 2 hours and $35 later we had our copies! Much smarter. I'm waiting to hear back now from our caseworker to find out what region we will be adopting from. That will at least give me something else to research while we wait. Along with learning Russian via Rosetta Stone!

2 comments: